It’s a big question for all of us that “is mustard oil good for health or not”. Because we all are using mustard oil abundantly in our cooking habits since a long period of decades. So, check the secrets behind the fruits of this awesome seed oil.
Is mustard oil really a good option for your health
From ancient time, traditionally, people are using mustard oil in every aspect of daily routine life, because of having many good values in it. As per traditional knowledge, experience and wisdom, mustard oil is used in every single recipe of Asians, specially Indians. It is most prominent in India because of having high smoke point.
In addition to taste and flavour of food, it cures many diseases related to heart, skin, hair and joints. To avail such health benefits, we can use the recommended amount of mustard oil in our daily routines for getting healthy lifestyle.
Key benefits of mustard oil
- Mustard oil can be used in cooking and therapeutic purposes (body massage).
- It contains monounsaturated i.e. Omega-9 and polyunsaturated fatty acids i.e. Omega-6 & 3, which is good for health in balanced condition.
- It has very low content of saturated fats.
- Helps in maintaining skin health.
- Supports hair health.
- It helps in maintaining good heart health. Lowers risk of ischemic (absence of blood) heart disease.
- Acts as a preservative.
- It supports immunity of body by using in body massage.
- Helps in removing toxins from body.
- It has cancer fighting properties.
- Used as a taste enhancer due to its pungent taste.
- Supports digestive health by stimulating digestive juices and bile juice in liver & spleen.
- It has anti-inflammatory actions and helps in muscles health.
Mustard oil is best for health, if used in pure form and with recommended amount of use directives. For adults, a tea spoon of mustard oil is enough for a day. Parallely, Omega-3 intake is important in the ratio of 1:4-20. For 4-20 amount of Omega-6 (obtained by mustard oil or any other medium), 1 amount of Omega-3 is required definitely.
Mustard oil is the best balanced ratio of omega-3 and omega-6. So, it is highly beneficial for cardiac health if used properly.
A good suggestion for you is to take natural and pure mustard oil in recommended amount, for protecting your body from infections and degenerative disorders. It supports vitality and helps in boosting up immune system for fighting against viruses and bacteria.
Mustard provides essential nutrients like vitamin A, C, E, O-3, O-6, O-9 etc. for the growth, repairing and development of body cells.
Did you really get the benefits from above information? Please share your feelings and doubts at our e-mail ID (contact information is on contact page).