In today’s world, everybody is talking about the facts of nutrition and malnutrition. In fact, nutritional information plays an important role in your daily routine activities for getting healthy food and healthy life. But the point is that, how much aware you are, about the values of nutrition and malnutrition in your lifestyle. So, probably, you will be willing to learn and feel the facts of healthy lifestyle.
Hence, it is our pleasure that we are explaining the same for you with simplicity. Importantly, you can understand the importance of nutrition for getting healthy food and healthy life. So, you can learn and implement the importance of nutrition in your life so that to have better and healthy living.
What do you mean by nutrition and how does it help you for getting healthy food and healthy life ?
The science of body nourishment.
We can say that it is a branch of science that explains the role of nutrients and other substances of food.
In other words, this branch of science deals with the food substances in relation to repairing & maintenance, growth & development, reproduction and health & disease of an organism for making healthy life.
So, you can say that the nutrition is a science of food, nutrients and other substances. Their action, their interaction and balance in relation to health and diseases also plays a vital role.
Antoine Lavoisier (French chemist), is known as “Father of Nutrition & Chemistry”. In 1770, he discovered the concept of metabolism. Most importantly, metabolism is the transfer of food and oxygen into heat & water in the body and consequently it creates energy. So, the metabolism signifies the role and process of different reactions in the body.
Nutrition plays a significant role in your healthy food and healthy life, even before your birth. Although we may not always be aware of it but it continues to affect us in major ways till we die. So, it is a really amazing topic to check out with patience.
Types of nutrition: Healthy Food and Healthy Life
In this type of nutrition, an organism synthesizes high energy organic molecule(food) from low energy inorganic molecules. Although, the low energy molecules are available in nearby surroundings like carbon from CO2, nitrogen from nitrates etc.. So, autotrophic organisms are dependent on themselves.
For example, green plants.
In this type of nutrition, two organisms live in mutual association and derive nutrition from each other. So, they are interdependent to each other.
For example, E.coli lives in intestine of man & synthesizes B–12 and in return E.coli gets energy from intestine of man.
In this type of nutrition, an organism obtains food by feeding on other organisms. But this type of nutrition is further categorized as follows –
- Holozoic Nutrition: An organism engulf complete food into the body, digests it and then absorbs nutrients through digested food. For example, human beings (herbivores, carnivores and omnivores).
- Saprotrophic Nutrition: In this type, an organism digests food outside the body through digestive enzymes and then absorbs nutrients. For example, some bacteria, spider, housefly etc.
- Parasitic Nutrition: In this category, an organism derives food from other living organism by living on or inside the body of organism (called as host). But host may or may not be affected by this relationship. For example, some bacteria, tapeworm, roundworm etc.
In addition, Nutrition is the science that includes processes, by which an animal or plant takes in and utilizes food substances.
Nutrition involves following processes
- Firstly, Ingestion of food.
- Secondly, Digestion of large particles of food into small particles within GI tract.
- Thirdly, Absorption of nutrients in small intestine.
- Fourthly, Transportation of nutrients through blood stream.
- Fifthly, Utilization of nutrients within cells and
- Sixth, Excretion of waste product.
Factors affecting the nutrition of an organism
- Social compulsions of food and eating habits.
- Cultural implications of food and eating habits.
- Economical problems of food and eating habits and
- Psychological issues of food and eating habits.
Feeling good about yourself and taking care of your health are important for your self-esteem and self-image. So, always try to maintain healthy lifestyle by doing things positively.
Good nutrition is an important part of a healthy food and healthy lifestyle. Therefore, along with physical activity, positive attitude and adequate rest, good food/nutrition helps you to reach an optimal health. This complete balance helps in maintaining a healthy weight, reduced risk of chronic diseases and promotes overall good health.
Healthy food is the key of healthy nutrition. Therefore, you need to take good nutrition through healthy food for keeping yourself healthy. Essential nutrients like protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamin, mineral and water, are utmost requirement of an organism to live healthy life. Because these nutrients gives energy and protection for growth, maintenance and repairing of body cells.
In current situation, healthy food means to have organic and pure food that contains all essential nutrients in its pure, potent and safe form. Because of so much adulteration and environmental bad conditions around you, your life has been hassled. So, you need to fulfill your daily requirement of all nutrients for getting healthy life. Healthy food helps in maintaining full tank of your body nutrition so that life could be easy and enjoyable.
Insufficient amount of essential nutrients in the body leads to degenerative disorders due to lack of proper nourishment.
Therefore, Inadequate amount of nutrition or improper nutritional status of an organism leads to malnutrition.
What do you mean by malnutrition and how does it effect our healthy food and healthy life ?
It refers to impairment or loss of https://healthmakesyou.com/">health>">health. As a fact, malnutrition results from deficiencies, excesses or imbalances in a person’s intake of energy and or nutrients.
Hence, lack of essential nutrients in the body is known as malnutrition. Also, we can say that insufficient amount of nutrients in the body is a kind of malnutrition.
Malnutrition includes poor diet, poor digestive conditions or any other disease. In fact, there are several factors, effecting malnutrition of an individual. It may be social, physical or financial.
Symptoms are as follows
- Weight loss and
- Loss in concentration power
Untreated malnutrition can cause physical or mental disabilities.
There are 2 broad groups of malnutrition
- Under nutrition: Nutrition in the body of an individual is less than recommended dietary allowance (RDA)
- Deficiency of calories- It includes underweight (low weight for age), stunting (low height for age) and wasting (low weight for height).
- Deficit amount of vitamins & minerals- micro nutrients related malnutrition: Includes micro nutrients deficiencies such as anemia, rickets, pellagra, night blindness, scurvy etc. as well as excesses such as toxicity due to vitamin A.
- Over nutrition: Nutrition in the body of an individual is in excess amount than the standard range of recommended dietary allowances (RDA).
- Overweight, obesity and diet related non communicable diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, cancers etc.
Malnutrition affects people in every country. So, you need to be aware yourself about it. Also try to awake others and always intake nutritious food for enhancing nutritional status of your body & for enjoying your healthy lifestyle.
I think you have known to so much valuable information about healthy nutrition. Here, you have learnt the facts of nutrition and malnutrition. Now, you can implement the same & take care of yourself and your family with the feeling of wellness.
“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art”– La Rochefoucauld (French author)
Did you really get the benefits from above information? Please share your feelings and doubts at our e-mail ID (contact information is on contact page).