At present time, we need to be aware about the pandemic (COVID-19) situations around us. Because it has been spreaded at fast pace and can be stopped only by our own willpower to fight against it by doing good habits and safe practices in our daily routine work. In fact, we know that older adults are at higher risk in this situation (#COVID-19) as compared to young adults. So, it is our sole responsibility to help them and care them. Also, we need to aware them about immunity, how to increase it.
For better health care of older people, we must know about geriatrics ?
So do you know,
What is Geriatrics?
• A branch of medicine or science that deals with the health problems, diseases and caring practices of old age people is known as geriatrics.
If anyone is willing to learn about geriatrics, mostly they are unable to find a geriatrician. Isn’t so ?
But it doesn’t mean that we can’t help our older adult people . We can do it by involving ourselves in the care of older adults and learning how to apply some of things what a geriatricians know.
• We all know that, with increase in the age of a person, diseases in the body of older people also increases. Some common diseases or problems in older adults are Immunity weakness , adult onset Diabetes , Arthritis, Kidney and bladder problems , Dementia , Parkinson’s disease, Cataracts, Osteoporosis, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular diseases etc. These diseases are mostly because of lack of nutrition, physical in-activeness & positive attitude in our today’s lifestyle.
Do we know reasons?
Why older people are at risk?
Its most common factor, is “ WEAK IMMUNITY”.
So, how can we boost up immunity of our self & our older ones. We know that there is no vaccine for curing pandemic COVID-19. Immunity building could prevent us from infectious disease. So, be aware about immunity, how to increase it.
How to build immunity ?
•Eat a healthy diet which must be high in citrus fruits and vegetables.
•Do hard exercise regularly.
•Have a positive attitude.
•Use of organic products: Many products claim to boost or support immunity. But the concept of boosting immunity actually makes a little sense scientifically. In fact, boosting the number of cells in our body (immune cells or others) with the help of chemical products, is not necessarily a good thing . Using organic ways of boosting our #immune system is a good way.
Diet and Immune system ?
• Healthy immune system needs good and regular nourishment. Scientists, have long recognized that people who live in poverty and are malnourished are more prone to infectious diseases. Whether the increased rate of disease is caused by malnutritional effects on the immune system.
• There are some evidences which show that some micronutrients deficiencies — for example, deficiencies of zinc, selenium, iron, copper, folic acid, vitamins A, vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin E, are responsible for effecting immune system of our body.
So, what can we do? If we find that our diet is not providing us our daily need of nutrition.
Improve immunity with herbs and supplements ?
Most of us still thinks that taking supplements is not useful. Is it so ?
Walk into a health care store, and you will find bottles of pills and herbal preparations that claim to boost up your immunity. Demonstrating whether a herb or any substance, for that matter — can enhance immunity is, as yet, a highly complicated matter. Scientists don’t know, but choosing good products and healthy products for yourself must be useful in a way.
How Amway- Nutrilite supplements are useful in increasing immunity ?
Nutrilite is the brand that makes organic supplements with a philosophy of best in science, best in nature and best in traditional wisdom.
Following organic nutritional sources & #supplements help in boosting our immunity and make us capable of fighting against infections:
- Protein (All plant protein)
- Vitamin C (Natural C)
- Vitamin A (Multi carotene)
- Echinacea citrus concentrate plus
- Vasaka, Mulethi, Surasa
– Content published by Ms. Gunjan Nagarkoti (B.Sc. Nursing)
3 thoughts on “Immunity How to Increase for Fighting Against Infections in Pandemic”