Ashwagandha is a powerful vitality booster. It is also known as sexual booster and immunity booster. Ashwagandha negative side effects must be noted for getting aware about its proper use.
Ashwagandha: An Adaptogen
It is an ancient evergreen medicinal shrub (woody, branched & multi stems plant which is taller than herb). Ashwagandha is classified as an adaptogen. It means that ashwagandha can help our body in managing stress.
It is being used over years to reduce stress, to increase energy levels and to improve concentration level.
Ashwagandha is a combination of sanskrit words ashva, meaning horse and gandha, meaning smell. It shows that the root of ashwagandha has a strong horse like smell. Main medicinal part of ashwagandha is its root. So always, it is advised to use its root for getting good benefits. Rather its root and orange-red berry, both are used for medicinal values.
Ashwagandha is also known as Indian ginseng, Winter cherry, Blue cohosh, Canaigre, Codonopsis or Eleuthero. It contains chemicals that helps in keeping calm the brain, lowers blood pressure, reduce inflammation(swelling), increase energy etc.
- Botanical name of Ashwagandha is Withania somnifera (English).
- Solanaceae or nightshade family.
- The main biological active substances in the root are a variety of steroidal lactones (withanolides, withaferins), alkaloids (isopelletierine, anaferine) and saponins (sitoindoside).
Physical appearance & Origin
It is a small shrub with orange-yellow flowers. Mostly found in India and North Africa. Its root and leaves are used for treating most of health conditions.
Potential health benefits
- It is beneficial for stress or anxiety reducer. It helps in fighting against stress, anxiety and depression by reducing cortisol (stress hormone) levels. Cortisol hormone is released by adrenal glands in response to stress and low blood sugar levels, which leads to fat storage in the abdomen.
- Ashwangandha is a best herb for boosting up vitality or energy.
- It is used as an adoptogen and helps in hair & skin health too.
- It helps in improving brain health i.e. brain functioning, memory, concentration power, reaction time and ability to perform tasks.
- Helps to cancer patients by reducing feeling of tiredness as it has anticancer properties.
- It supports in fighting with inflammations (reduce markers of inflammation like c-reactive protein) and tumor growth.
- It helps in reducing blood sugar level by increasing insulin secretions.
- Supports in reducing high cholesterol level & high triglycerides level so that to maintain cardiac health.
- Helps in increasing thyroid hormones level of hypothyroidic person.
- Ashwagandha supports sexual satisfaction during sexual activity.
- It can boost testosterone level & sperm quality and increase fertility in men so that to improve reproductive health.
- Helps in increasing muscle mass and reducing body fat.
- It helps in boosting immune system by promoting antioxidant effects.
Ashwagandha negative side effects
In case of typical dosage during a short term, following are side effects : Moderate headache, sleepiness and stomachache.
Certain individuals like very small kids, pregnant & breastfeeding women, person with some ailments and person on some medications, must consult with doctors before taking Ashwagandha.
How to use (Use directives)
Suggested to take it at bed time with lukewarm milk.
As per our need, it varies from 200 mg to 500 mg per day.
Ashwagandha is a prominent medicinal plant in Ayurveda. Nowadays, it is being taken as a supplement due to its various health benefits.
“Amway-Nutrilite” provides best Ashwagandha because of its philosophy of best of scientific practices, best of nature and best of traditional knowledge.
Why should we use Amway Ashwagandha?
- Amway Ashwagandha supplement manufacturing with best manufacturing practices i.e. GMP.
- Use of DNA finger printing technique for selecting species & seed.
- Use of Non GMO (Genetically modified organism) seeds.
- Agriculture of herbs in certified organic farms.
- Supplement ingredient combination is best with traditional knowledge.
- High PSP (Potency, Safety and Purity) philosophy.
2 thoughts on “What Are the Amazing Facts on Ashwagandha Negative Side Effects”