Tulsi: An Antioxidant
Tulsi is also known as holy basil (in English) or Indian basil. Tulsi is a Sanskrit name. In India, this herb is known as “Queen of all herbs” and regarded as the avatar of goddess Lakshmi. So, also known as “Shri (Lakshmi) Tulsi” or “Rama Tulsi” or “Vishnu Tulsi”.
Tulsi is grown up in almost every house of Indian Hindu family households as a fact of holy herb i.e. Goddess of health, wealth and prosperity.
Appx. 60 species all over world and widely categorized in two categories – Holy basil (ocimum sanctum) and Mediterranean basil (ocimum basilicum).
Types of Indian Tulsi:
- Rama Tulsi or Shri Tulsi or Ocimum sanctum (Green leaves): Mostly found in India, China, Brazil and Eastern Nepal regions.
- Krishna Tulsi or Shyama Tulsi (Purple leaves): Mostly in India, Asia region.
- Vana Tulsi (Wild leaves): Mostly found in Asia and Africa.
- Kapoor Tulsi (Heavy flowered): Mostly found in India and U.S.
Rama Tulsi and Krishna Tulsi are used widely in Ayurveda. Purple leaf Tulsi is beneficial to treat throat infections, respiratory system, nasal lesions, earache and skin diseases. Above four types of Tulsi comes under major category of Holy basil.
Arial part of Tulsi is used as medicinal decoctions (Karha soup). Tulsi leaves are oval shaped, green or purple colored, sharp tip and slightly toothed edges in appearance.
Health benefits of Tulsi leaves:
- Chief benefit is to boost up immune system of our body.
- Tulsi has antioxidant effect so helps in reducing free radical damages in our body.
- It helps in body fluid, hormonal and enzymatic regulations.
- It acts as an anti-bacterial, anti-biotic, germicidal and fungicidal herb e.g. prevention from fever (antipyretic action).
- Tulsi helps in proper functioning of pancreatic beta cells so that to help in insulin regulation i.e. acts as a diabetes preventer.
- Tulsi prevents and protects against cardiovascular diseases.
- It acts as a diuretic and detoxifier so that to help in reducing uric acid.
- Tulsi also has many properties like anti-inflammatory (swelling reducer), analgesic (pain-reducer), hepatoprotective (liver-protector), cancer-fighter, blood vessel-protector, de-stressor etc.
Uses of Tulsi:
- It is used as herbal tea and gives benefits as an antioxidant.
- Tulsi oil is used as an ear drop.
- Tulsi can be used to recover instant headache, fever, indigestion, hysteria (mirgi), insomnia (sleeplessness), cholera (heja), malaria like problems.
- Tulsi plant is believed to protect us from negative influences so planted by everyone.
- Tulsi wood is used as handicraft jewelry items.
How to use (Use directives):
It is suggested to take tulsi leaves, tulsi powder or tulsi tablet with normal water.
Tulsi is a good source of vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Zinc, Iron and it acts as anti-bacterial & insecticidal properties and its leaves have capabilities to purify contaminated water.
Amway provides best organic supplements and that’s why it is a best source of herbal tulsi. Amway tulsi is made up with best of science practices, best of nature and best of traditional wisdom.
Why should we use Amway-Tulsi ?
- Amway tulsi is manufactured with good manufacturing practices, GMP.
- Tulsi herb species identified and selected with DNA finger printing technology.
- Non-GMO (Genetically modified organism) seeds are used for cropping.
- Certified organic farms are used for herbs farming practices.
- High PSP (Potency, Safety and Purity) philosophy is used.